The possibility of taking courses online for college isn't an option for me. It isn't an option because I have to have a teacher to explain what I'm learning and break it down for me. I can't even imagine trying to learn something in college without a teacher. It seems like it would be really hard to try to comprehend something without a teacher unless you were just some genius.
Although courses online isn't an option for me, it does have a few benefits right along with drawbacks. One of the benefits is that you can do the work on your own time. Another benefit of online courses is if you're not a people person, you don't have to interact with others. A drawback of these types of course is if you can not grasp what you are learning, you can't go to the teacher and ask for help, you have to just learn on your own.
I can personally say I've never taken an online course before, but I have used an instructional video. Although the video became helpful in the end, in the beginning, I had a very hard time grasping how to do what the video was trying to teach me. I couldn't ask them to help me because I was just another viewer trying to figure out how to do it on my own. I don't think online instructions will ever replace traditional classes because most of our generation are visual and kinesthetic learners, so I don't think online classes will be the wave of the future.
Although courses online isn't an option for me, it does have a few benefits right along with drawbacks. One of the benefits is that you can do the work on your own time. Another benefit of online courses is if you're not a people person, you don't have to interact with others. A drawback of these types of course is if you can not grasp what you are learning, you can't go to the teacher and ask for help, you have to just learn on your own.
I can personally say I've never taken an online course before, but I have used an instructional video. Although the video became helpful in the end, in the beginning, I had a very hard time grasping how to do what the video was trying to teach me. I couldn't ask them to help me because I was just another viewer trying to figure out how to do it on my own. I don't think online instructions will ever replace traditional classes because most of our generation are visual and kinesthetic learners, so I don't think online classes will be the wave of the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment